Teach English in Al-Madinah al-Munawarah
Al-Qaswa Private Schools in Al-Madinah al-Munawarah (Saudi Arabia), a private establishment of Islamic schools for boys and girls, offers nursery education from 3-5 years, primary from 6-12 years, and high school/ secondary from 12-18 years, is recruiting English teachers. The main school is located opposite the famous Al-Juma’a Mosque, which is the site where the Prophet Muhammad led the first Jumu’a prayers shortly after his hijrah (migration) from Makkah. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for anyone wishing to live and work in Al-Madinah al-Munawarah, teaching the future generation of this blessed city, and frequenting Masjid al-Nabawi. See package below
Teaching general English language courses to students of primary and secondary age.
- Teaching English full time, catering for different levels
- Preparing, developing and updating teaching materials as required
- Administering tests, evaluation as required and processing the results
- Compiling and maintaining student records and progress reports
- Native level of proficiency in English
- Experience of teaching English as foreign language
- Aware and sensitive to Islamic traditions, practices and heritage
- Commit at-least one year
- Work full time – 30 hours per week
A BEd Degree (with language studies) or a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Any of the following:
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults (CTEFLA)
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) or Teaching English as a Second or Other Language
A generous package in addition to a supportive work environment
- Salary: £12,000 per annum
- Private accommodation furnished to high standards (electricity, water, Wifi etc. included)
- Annual return flights
(London – Madinah – London)
- Opportunity to study Arabic Language and other subjects
- Medical Allowance
- Hajj (once a year)
- Monthly ‘Umrah travel
- Monthly tours and excursions of historic and Islamic sites in the Hijaz.
- Annual leave, vacation days and national holidays
- Family packages available for couples
with English teaching experience.
The English teaching posts are for one year with a 3-month probation period. Contracts can be extended subject to review. Contracts start September 2016.